In the United States, Labor Day is a celebration of the labor movement. It typically falls on the first Monday in September. The holiday originated in New York City in 1882 and became a federal holiday in 1894. Labor Day is a public holiday, so many people take this day off from work to enjoy family time together.
Wedding dresses come in two varieties: casual and formal. The more casual option is a sundress or skirt with a tank top or T-shirt. If you’re looking for something more formal, try a dress in black or white—either way, it’s sure to be stunning. If you’re going for the casual look, consider pairing your dress with strappy sandals and accessories like bracelets and necklaces. If you’re going for something more formal, try heels or wedges with an elegant clutch bag or clutch purse.
If you’re attending a wedding this weekend, make sure you’re dressed to impress.
Here are our top 5 tips for looking great at your Labor Day wedding:
- Wear something fun that makes you feel confident and comfortable. Nothing says “I love myself” quite like a pair of jeans that fit perfectly and make you feel good about yourself.
- Be on time! No one likes a tardy guest—so be punctual and arrive early so that everyone can get settled in before the ceremony begins.
- Bring a gift! It’s always polite to bring something for the bride and groom if they’ve invited you to their special day, so don’t forget!
- Have fun! Weddings are supposed to be fun! If there’s an opportunity for dancing or mingling with other guests, take it! You may even find someone who can help plan your own wedding… like me! 😉
- Donate blood or volunteer at a homeless shelter on Monday morning as a way to celebrate Labor Day weekend:)
Whether you’re attending a friend’s wedding or throwing your own event, our team of experts will help you find the perfect dress. We know how important it is to feel comfortable and confident on your big day—and we want to help you achieve those things. Whether you’re going to a barbecue at a friend’s house or a wedding as an invited guest, this dress has got you covered. With its timeless silhouette, this piece will keep getting better with age as its color fades into a gorgeous vintage look over time.