Best Shoes For Nurses With Arch Support
Nurses are on their feet all day, and sometimes even longer. This can cause foot problems, including arch pain and fallen arches, which may lead to back pain. Nurses can find relief by choosing shoes with built-in support.
Nurses should wear comfortable shoes that fit properly. They should be able to bend their toes and flex their ankles while wearing the shoes. Shoes should also be breathable so that feet stay dry and cool throughout the day.
Here are some of the best shoes for nurses with arch support:
Dansko Women’s Professional Ballistic Faux Leather Clog
These clogs have a deep heel cup that provides extra support for the heel and arch area of your foot. Dansko Women’s Professional Ballistic Faux Leather Clog features an anatomical footbed that cradles your foot for added comfort and stability throughout your shift. The rubber sole helps you maintain traction on slippery surfaces like wet floors or carpeting in hospitals or nursing homes, where water spills often occur during patient care activities such as bathing patients or changing bed linens.
Best Shoes For Nurses With Arch Support
Finding the best shoes for doctors is essential to the life-saving job medical professionals perform every day. In this profession, choosing the right pair of footwear matters.
Doctors, surgeons, and med school students walk and run around the hospital covering at least 10 – 12 hours in a day, therefore, the kind of shoes these professionals wear should scream comfort.
Doctor shoes that don’t possess such a feature can lead to pain and discomfort, possibly affecting performance. Note that procedures like surgery can go up to more than 12 hours that requires immense focus and a lot of standing.
The prolonged standing can cause a sharp pain in your foot midway. For this reason, doctors should wear the best shoes for surgery when doing the procedure.
In this article, we’ll go over 8 of the best shoes for medical professionals.
The best shoes for working in a hospital come in three types: one pair of clogs, 1 pair of sneakers, and 1 pair of a slip-on.
These three types of shoes should be in your closet for several reasons. The clogs are comfortable to wear, however, they lack versatility, which the sneakers can compensate. Slip-on, on the other hand, is quicker to wear and easier to clean than the two.
Having all three allows you to alternate them in between shifts.
1. Dansko Professional Clog
Dansko Professional Clog
Even for a steep price, the Dansko Professional Clog takes the number one spot for hospital work shoes.
These doctorshoes will last for a very long time. It’s worth paying extra dollars for the comfort, stability, and injury-prevention you get. Indeed, every penny you pay is worth the long-term benefits you get for both your job and your health.
Dansko is one of the most trusted brands to use for people who work all day, every day.
They’re not just the best shoes for surgeons, they’re also popular as the best shoes for medical students.
A pair of Dansko clogs move your heel up and down when you walk, which facilitates breathability, greater lateral stability, and comfort when worn over long hours and hot conditions.
Thanks to Dansko’s reinforced toe box that prevents your toes from hurting after wearing them for a couple hours. Did I also mention these shoes are approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association?
The downside is it takes time to get used to wearing Dansko clogs the right way. They are not also built for running all the time as is in a hospital setting.
But that’s not saying that you can’t use them in the hospital per se. Clogs can be quite heavy, so they do not fit in fast-paced environments.
- Maximum Comfort. Offers the best comfort and durability
- Antimicrobial Lining. Prevents your feet from smelly or foul odor
- Approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association. Guaranteed safe, durable, and perfect for hospital use
- Reinforced Toe Box With Thermoplastic. Prevents shoes from deforming when exposed to extreme conditions.
- PU Outsole. Provides shock absorption and flexibility for the user over long periods.
- Padded Instep Collar. Keeps the shoe in place and prevents blisters from forming
- Adjustment Time. It takes a while to get used to the up and down heel movement; however, the benefits are worth it
- Expensive. Dansko offers a steep price for their shoes
- Tight Fitting. Wearing this pair of doctorshoes can be harder for those with large or wide feet.
2. Crocs Unisex Bistro Clog
Crocs Unisex Bistro Clog
On the pricing spectrum, who could ask for more with what these shoes offer? They are among the best shoes doctors wear up to 12 hours every day.
The Crocs Unisex Bistro Clog offers utility and comfort at a price you can afford, which makes it one of the best medical shoes to have.
Crocs are not the most visually appealing shoes in the industry. So, what makes them the best shoes for doctors?
For one, they’re durable and versatile. The Crocs Bistro has a slip-resistant tread specially designed to prevent any slip and fall accidents. This means it provides perfect traction and can easily handle oily or wet floors.
The material used to manufacture the Bistro Clogs are also highly durable. Using these shoes means choosing a shoe that’s built to last. Also, they’re extremely easy to clean.
These lightweight doctor clogs also have a reinforced toe box so if anything heavy accidentally drops on your toe, you won’t feel a thing. Pretty amazing, right?
The best part is the Crocs Unisex Bistro Clog is the best combination of quality and price. It’s no wonder Crocs is one of the best hospital work shoes that combines comfort, safety, and price all in one deal.
The downside to using these hospital work shoes is the low breathability due to the lack of ventilation holes. This might be a problem for those with sweaty and smelly feet.
Surprisingly, the shoe is still roomy enough that allows you to walk or run all day without suffering from blisters.
Although, when it comes to dress shoes for doctors, Crocs isn’t a very strong candidate.
- Inexpensive. Crocs Unisex Bistro Clogs offer comfort and quality at a price you can’t say no to.
- Slip-resistant technology. The sole of this shoe has a Crocs lock slip-resistant feature that specifically provides protection against greasy and wet floors.
- Comfortable Footbed. The footbed design will cradle your foot to provide extra comfort when working double shifts.
- Croslite Material. The shoe is both lightweight and durable offering maximum comfort throughout the entire day.
- Easy Cleaning. The surface material and Croslite contribute to how easy and simple it is to clean the shoe. By using just soap and water, you can wipe down dirt with a cloth easily.
- Lack of Ventilation Holes. Unlike most models, the Bistro Clogs have no ventilation holes so your breathability suffers a little bit when wearing this shoe.
- Inaccurate Sizing. The Bistro Clog provides a lot of room for comfort; although, this can make the user feel like the shoe is too large.
3. Adidas PureBoost Go
Adidas PureBoost Go
The versatile shoe was originally designed for runners, yet they aren’t limited to just running.
With an amazing soft-cushion and responsive ride, the Adidas PureBoost Go is a shoe with great breathability and premium comfort.
You have to try one out yourself to see what walking on air feels like.
Being third on the list doesn’t make these shoes, or should I say sneakers, any lesser than the top two picks.
The Adidas PureBoost Go is one of the best sneakers for medical professionals in its price range.
Compared to the UltraBoost or Nike Air Zoom Pulse, the PureBoost Go is $50 cheaper than its counterparts but still provides the same level of comfort.
These sneakers might be on the heavier side, but many users say how wearing the PureBoost gives a lightweight, cloud-like sensation at every step.
The cushioning technology makes 10 hours seem like nothing. Even making a sharp turn while running only needs minimal effort. If you’ll be bouncing from OR rooms to upper and lower levels around the hospital, these shoes can do the job with ease.
The breathability is also superb along with the sneaker’s flexibility; however, it can be a bit loose if you land at a bad angle.
For everyday use, these sneakers make hospital errands feel easy and breezy.
Although, I wouldn’t count Adidas PureBoost Go as the best shoes for surgeons. If you want the best pair of shoes that allow you to stand for hours in the operating room comfortably, the Dansko Professional Clogs is the pair to get.
- Midsole Cushioning. The cushioning technology of the Adidas PureBoost Go is the reason behind this sneaker’s amazing cushion-feel and impact protection.
- Thin Upper Knit. Technical details aside, the thin upper knit design provides maximum breathability for your feet.
- Wide Forefoot. Those with large or wide feet should have no problem at all when wearing sneakers. The wide sole platform provides stability for all foot sizes.
- Grid-like Outsole. Worried about taking a sharp turn and slipping? The grid-like outsole provides traction to counter slips and falls.
- Lightweight. The best benefit of the PureBoost Go is the cloud-like sensation you get with every step you take.
- Low Built. While this sneaker is perfect for any foot size, the low-top shoe also sacrifices performance for those in need of extra arch support. The shoe is perfect for those with normal, medium-high, and high arches.
- Thin Non-Padded Tongue. Due to the thin tongue of this sneaker, this lowers the comfort slightly. The shoelaces, in particular, put more pressure on the top foot because of the thin tongue.
4. Skechers Flex Advantage Mcallen Slip-on
Best For Medical Students
Skechers Flex Advantage
The Flex Advantage is a mid-range price offer, with outstanding features specifically towards breathability, convenience, and sound comfort.
If you’re looking for a shoe below a $100 budget and want an extra pair as an alternative shoe or backup, this a good choice among many hospital shoes for doctors, surgeons, and medical students.
For medical students who spend a lot of time running around completing tasks and pulling errands all day, this is the shoe that will help you get by comfortably.
Thanks to its mesh fabric, this shoe’s unique selling point is its breathability and lightweight feel. Combined with the insole memory foam, your feet will stay cozy all day long.
Trying on a pair of the Flex Advantage Slip-on feels like walking on a soft carpet, reducing any stress on your feet.
Its slip-resistant sole is also a top-of-the-line feature that should leave any worries behind when you’re trying to maneuver past the busiest and most slippery floors.
The best part of all of this is well, it’s a slip-on. No shoelaces. Quick wear and removal. Most of all, it is convenient.
- Synthetic Mesh Fabric. The fabric provides comfort paired with maximum breathability and a lightweight feeling.
- Removable Memory Foam Insole. Walking on a soft carpet-like surface is definitely a comfortable experience when you’re spending all your hours doing active patient roundups.
- Slip-resistant. The rubber traction outsole is perfect for handling any type of job that involves a lot of running in-between the day.
- Easy Slip-on. Convenience and practicality all in one go.
- Highly Durable. The materials used should last you for a good number of years without any wear and tear.
- Toe Box Isn’t As Strong. The Flex Advantage’s upper part of the shoe isn’t as strong to handle any drops or sharp objects.
- Not Completely Stain & Water Resistant. This isn’t the easiest shoe to clean. Even though manufacturer claims point to water and stain resistance, it’s not as effective as you would think.
5. Skechers Work Relaxed Fit Sure Track Trickel
Skechers Work Relaxed Fit
Sure Track Trickel
With roughly $20 less in cost compared to the Flex Advantage, the Sure Track Trickel is a great pair.
An even cheaper alternative to the Skechers Flex Advantage with similar features is the Sure Track Trickel.
The slip-resistant outsole and memory foam cushion are similar to what Flex Advantage offers, providing excellent comfort and traction against slippery floors.
The Sure Track Trickel; however, is one of the doctor shoes for ladies on this list. If you’re looking for mens hospital shoes, any of the choices mentioned above are unisex.
One particular feature I will mention about the Sure Track Trickel is their durable midsole, which is perfect for all-day movement.
Compared to the Flex Advantage, Sure Track Trickel has a better protection against falling objects.
Aside from durability, users report that wearing this shoe for more than 8 hours will cause little to no pain. Some even say they provide great support for post-surgery feet.
These make a decent pair of surgical shoes for surgeons for all types of women’s feet.
- Durable. Even though it’s cheaper than most, the material design is quite durable and should last you for quite a while.
- Removable Memory Foam Insole. Like the Flex Advantage, the cushioning and breathability properties of the Sure Track Trickel are fantastic.
- Slip-resistant. Provides great traction against oily and wet floors.
- Easy To Clean. Regarding stains and dirt, this shoe is relatively easier to clean compared to the Flex Advantage.
- Maximum Comfort. The shoe’s flexible midsole allows you to go on for more than 8 hours through the day feeling cozy and comfortable without any pain.
- Takes Time To Break In. The first week may cause a slight discomfort seeing as how you’ll need to break it in first before you start to feel the full benefits of this shoe.
- Bulky. The Sure Track Trickel isn’t exactly what you would call lightweight. It leans more to the heavy side so this might be an issue for some.
6. Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Winder II
Best for Male Surgeons
Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Winder II
These don’t make the most comfortable for surgeons but are still considerably one of the best pairs you can find in the market.
If you’re looking for a shoe with a balance between great style and functionality, this shoe will end your search.
Due to its style and functionality, Dr. Scholl’s is a great option for doctor shoes for men.
I wouldn’t say it’s the best hospital shoes men need, but I can vouch for the quality of these shoes. The quality is superb and it’s also 100% leather.
It is a great choice for doctors and medical students and is even the best shoes for male surgeons for those who have tried it.
However, the shoe can cause blisters when used for running around all day. So, it is only ideal for surgeons who spend a lot of time standing rather than running or walking around so much.
The shoe’s synthetic sole provides oil and slip resistance. The outsole ensures SATRA TM63 and TM144 standards. In some medical facilities, they may require doctors to meet these standards.
Finally, this slip-on shoe has an Aegis Microbe Shield that allows better odor control for your feet.
- 100% Leather Quality. Dr.Scholl offers premium quality of the material used to manufacture its shoes.
- Lock Step Outsole. Their patented outsole provides good traction and meets essential slip-resistant standards.
- Great Style. Aside from just functionality, Dr. Scholl has a good taste in design and visual appeal.
- Dri-Lex Moisture Wicking Lining. For keeping your feet dry and controlling odor, it’s perfect for feet that sweat a lot.
- Anti-Compression Insole. Not just cushioning properties but also great impact protection.
- Possible Blisters. Constant shoe rubbing can cause blisters on the top of the heel when breaking in for the first few shifts.
- Limited To One Color. The shoe only comes in black and no other color.
7. Dr. Scholl’s Women’s Dynamo Work Shoe
Best for Female Surgeons
Dr. Scholl’s Women’s
Dynamo Work Shoe
The Dynamo Work Shoe is a solid choice for women’s hospital shoes that offers both comfort and support for any busy day.
For something with a little more touch to the feminine side, the Dynamo Work shoe is just as similar to the Men’s Winder II.
Coming in as one of the best shoes for female doctors, you’ll get comfort, breathability, and all the functionalities that the Men’s Winder II provides.
The highlights or key differences are the elevation of the heel slightly higher for the Dynamo Work shoe than the other. Also, the Dynamo Work Shoe is easier to clean.
With regards to design, it’s not as stylish or visually appealing, but it definitely has premium materials that make this shoe built to last much longer.
- Easy To Clean. You won’t have to worry about stains or dirt accidentally spilling on this shoe.
- 2-inch Heel Elevation. If you prefer a shoe with extra height or are accustomed to wearing shoes with heels, adjusting shouldn’t be hard to do.
- Dri-Lex Moisture Wicking Lining. Keeps your feet dry and controls any foul odor effectively.
- 100% Leather Quality. Premium materials used for a premium feel for the user.
- Easy Slip-on. With convenience at its best, you can’t go wrong with a slip-on feature.
- Mediocre Design. The Dynamo Work shoe doesn’t offer as much style or design.
- Breaking In Is Necessary. Breaking in the leather can take some time and possible blisters in the process.
8. Nike Zoom Air Pulse
Best For Those Who Run A Lot In-Between Shifts
Nike Zoom Air Pulse
Yes, these doctor shoes are expensive, but they are considered as one of the best hospital work shoes you could have right now.
Last but not least, these sneakers are a premium steal for any doctor, surgeon, and medical student.
The Nike Zoom sneakers are extremely easy to put on, and although they only come in white, they’re easy to clean from any blood, stains, and dirt.
These are the perfect sneakers for doctors and medical students who do a lot of running in their shifts. Due to its sturdy design, these shoes are highly responsive to foot movement.
Despite their sturdy design, the Nike Zoom Air Pulse feels lightweight and provides great traction as well.
With these sneakers, you’ll have no problem at all wearing them for 12-hour shifts and even more.
- Easy To Wear. Putting on these sneakers is extremely easy, like a slip-on.
- Easy To Clean. Despite its white color and easily visible dirt or stain, these shoes offer no hassle in cleaning.
- Great Stability & Traction. Some would say they provide even better stability & traction than a Dansko shoe.
- Highly Responsive. Running in these shoes is a breeze. Also, you won’t have to worry about accidentally slipping or falling when wearing one of these.
- Maximum Comfort. The cushion is amazing and can last you more than 12 hours every day.
- Takes Time To Break In. The first few shifts will require breaking in and possible soreness.
- Limited Design. Only available in white.
- Arch Support. Might not be suitable for those who need high arch support.