Shirts to Wear with Cowboy Boots: If you’re looking for the perfect way to combine your love of country music with your love of cowboy boots, then keep reading. We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite shirts that are perfect for pairing with cowboy boots. You’ll find everything from simple t-shirts to flannel button-ups that are guaranteed to make you look like you just stepped out of a saloon during the Gold Rush. We will look at t shirts to wear with cowboy boots and women’s shirts to wear with cowboy boots.
Cowboy boots are a classic staple in any man’s closet. They’re also incredibly versatile—you can wear them with just about anything! Whether you’re headed out on the town or just want something casual, they’re an excellent choice. However, there are a few things you need to know before choosing which pair is right for you.
First off, cowboy boots come in two main styles: lace-up and pull-on. Lace-up boots have laces along the top edge while pull-on boots don’t have any lacing at all—they just pull right on over your foot like regular shoes would. Both styles have their advantages and disadvantages depending on what look you’re going for and what occasion
Shirts to wear with cowboy boots
For most situations, the general rule of thumb is to wear one Western-themed piece with your outfit. So if you’re wearing cowboy boots, leave the bolo tie and chaps at home. You’re not dressing like Woody from Toy Story, your outfit should be a thought out decision.
What Tops to Wear with Cowboy Boots
- Collared Shirts – Collared shirts are tried and true when it comes to cowboy boots. They pair perfectly with jeans or dress pants. Solid color dress shirts work really well. Same with more casual shirts like plaid or flannel.
- T-Shirts – If going for the relaxed look, nothing looks more comfortable than a solid color tee shirt and jeans. Skip shirts with fashion name brands. Nike and cowboy boots don’t really go together.
- Denim Jackets – Wearing a denim trucker jacket will always look good with cowboy boots. However, if you have a blue denim jacket, avoid the Canadian tuxedo by wearing different color pants like black denim or khakis.
- Sport Coats – Sport coats quickly can take you from casual to snazzy. Even with a simple solid colored t-shirt, a sport coat will add lots of sophistication to your outfit.
What Pants to Wear with Cowboy Boots
- Jeans – Can’t go wrong with a great pair of jeans. You’ll want a boot cut for obvious reasons. We suggest you have a pair for working out in the field and one for going out. Most work jeans have a relaxed fit so they wouldn’t look good if you’re heading out on a date. For casual jeans, we suggest slim fitting and a dark wash. We like Levi 527 for a slimmer look.
- Dress Pants – You won’t look out of place with a pair of cowboy boots and dress pants. Especially for situations like a country themed wedding, a casual suit will look great in cowboy boots.
- Khakis / Chinos – Not quite dressy but a step up from your standard pair of denim, try wearing your boots with a pair of khakis for a great casual look. You’ll have more color choices too like olive, tan, and brown.
What Accessories to Wear with Cowboy Boots
- Belt – You don’t need rattlesnake skin. A simple leather belt will do. We really like tanned leather that will get a great patina over time.
- Hats – Cowboy hats are great for situations but in certain environments, you’ll stick out as “the cowboy”. We suggest to wear them at concerts, rodeos, or working out in the field. Leave them at home if you’re going out to the bars.
- Spurs – Unless you’re on a horse or playing a bad guy in a movie don’t do it.
how to wear cowboy boots without looking country
Cowboy boots are a boot style with historical roots that have been popularized for mainstream fashion. Originally, cowboy boots were riding boots worn by cowboys or cattle herders on horseback. These Western boots were made out of leather for durability, and cowboys paired them with spurs.
In some parts of the United States, ranchers and other field workers wear cowboy boots as work boots. These tall boots will keep your legs dry and bug-free when working outdoors. Elsewhere, cowboy boots have become a part of street style, with different styles worn for more casual, everyday use.
Meet One of Your New Instructors
3 Types of Cowboy Boots
Cowboy boots may come in a few different styles with varying materials, toe shapes, and shaft and heel heights:
- 1. Western cowboy boots: Also known as the classic pair of cowboy boots, Westerns have a tall boot shaft that extends to the mid-calf, a one-inch heel, and round or square toes. These boots sometimes feature a pointed toe, which became more popular in the mid-twentieth century.
- 2. Roper boots: Roper boots, worn by cattle ropers, are similar to ankle boots. The boot shaft goes slightly above the ankle but not as high up as the Western. The heel is shorter, and this newer style of the boot may also have decorative lacing, making them more for streetwear than for riding.
- 3. Animal skin boots: Cowboy boots are traditionally made out of cow leather, but bootmakers can use other animal skins to make cowboy-style boots. Alligator, lizard, elk, buffalo, and snakeskin are some examples of exotic animal skin boots.
5 Ways to Style Cowboy Boots
Whether you’re wearing new boots or are thrifting for a pair of worn leather ones, there are different cowboy boots outfits you can experiment with:
- 1. Start simple with jeans and a T-shirt. A pair of jeans makes for a classic combination with cowboy boots. A white T-shirt, bootcut jeans, a leather belt with a large buckle, and a pair of leather boots make for an easy, casual, and outdoor-friendly outfit.
- 2. Craft a modern cowboy ensemble. Wear black cowboy boots, dark jeans, and a denim jacket. This combo evokes a bold, Western style.
- 3. Embrace the Western look. Pair your cowboy boots with a cowboy hat, straight-leg jeans, and a flannel shirt to pay homage to this historical style. This look goes great for barbecues, rodeos, and country music concerts.
- 4. Make your boots the star of the show. Wear a black dress with your cowboy boots to bring more attention to them, and if you want to give them more of a pop, try a more visually exciting pair, such as snakeskin boots.
- 5. Create a smart-casual outfit. Tuck tights or skinny jeans into your pair of boots, wear a nicer top or button-down tucked into your pants, and cap off with a blazer worn over your shirt to create a chic and more refined take on this rugged boot style.
Women’s shirts to wear with cowboy boots
Looking for a shirt to wear with your cowboy boots? We’ve got you covered!
You’re probably thinking: “But what do I wear with cowboy boots?” Well, if you’re looking for something that’s going to go great with your boots and still be super-comfortable, then look no further than these shirts. These are the best shirts to wear with cowboy boots because they’re made out of 100% cotton, so they’ll keep you cool even if it gets a little warm outside. And they come in a variety of colors—so you can match them perfectly to whatever color shoes or socks you want to wear!
Don’t have time to go shopping? No problem! We’ll ship them right to your door—and if we don’t have what you want in stock when we get there, we’ll let you know right away so you can get started on an order before someone else gets their hands on that same shirt first!
Tshirts to wear with cowboy boots
If you’re wearing cowboy boots, you need to be sure that your shirt is right. Here are some tips on what to wear with cowboy boots:
- You should never wear a shirt with a collar.
- Your shirt should have at least one pocket, preferably two or three.
- It’s okay if your shirt is decorated with embroidery or sequins, as long as they don’t say anything offensive or inappropriate (like “I’m going to kick your ass”).
- You can wear a t-shirt under your button-down if it has an appropriate design on the front of it (such as skulls and crossbones), but make sure that it’s not too tight in case you get into a fight with someone who claims that your t-shirt design is “too aggressive.”