Best Shoes For Old Men
There are many types of shoes for men and women. There are casual shoes, sports shoes, dress shoes, sandals and so on. For old man, the best shoes are the sneakers. You can find these kinds of sneakers everywhere in any colors and patterns.
The old man needs to be comfortable with his sneakers because he uses it everyday when he goes outside. Sneakers are a type of shoes that are comfortable and flexible to wear because they have soft leather or canvas materials. If you want to buy some sneakers for your grandfather, here are some tips for choosing good sneakers:
1.It should be easy to put on and take off
2.It should be light weight so it won’t make him tired after wearing it for a long time
3.The color should be bright enough so he will not get lost easily
4.The size should fit perfectly
Best Shoes For Old Men
Support & Comfort
Pain Relief Technology
Shoes for elderly men don’t have to be old-fashioned. You don’t have to look out of style because you have a foot condition.
Manufacturers today design shoes for elderly men who have health conditions resulting from age, like diabetes and arthritis that cause foot conditions, like swelling, blisters, corns and calluses, bumps, flat arches, heel pain, and other abnormalities. They use the latest technology and research based on feedback from the real-world experiences of their athletes, as well as medical science, and incorporate these features into their everyday shoes, like walking or running shoes, along with the newest fashion trends that keep you looking stylish and elegant.
If you’re one of those seniors who suffers from a foot problem, you’re not alone. Close to 80% of elderly people experience some kind of foot condition, the major cause being bad choice, and use of ill-fitting footwear.
We have put this article together for elderly men, to give you all the information you need to address any of the above-mentioned foot conditions, and select the right pair of shoes that will give you the comfort and peace of mind you are looking for.
What are the Best Brands of Shoes for Elderly Men?
Propet shoes are incredibly comfortable and of high-quality at reasonable prices. They are a leading producer of orthopaedic and therapeutic shoes for delicate feet. Their comfort and value focus on lightweight and stylish shoes.
New Balance considers cushioning, stability and motion control in all their shoes, as they make shoes for all athletes, from amateurs to professionals. Their shoes are designed to prevent injuries that athletes normally encounter, and focus on healthy feet.
Skechers specializes in physically active lifestyle shoes. They manufacture shoes that are lightweight with excellent support through their memory foam cushioning and padding, along with rubber/carbon soles that deliver excellent grip, and keep moisture and odor under check because of a ventilated upper mesh. They are well-known world over for their attention in athletic shoes.
Brooks shoes are highly valued by the medical community and professional athletes alike. They combine biomechanics and medical experts to deliver the most technologically progressive athletic shoes you can always rely on for flawless support and comfort.
Hush Puppies produces contemporary and casual brushed suede shoes which are comfortable, sturdy and lightweight because of their crepe sole and bounce technology.
Drew Shoe with 140 years in the footwear industry, incorporate high-quality breathable leather, with more than 20 purposeful features in their shoes. They do not compromise on fashion or flexibility that cover an entire range of shoes, from athletic styles to dress and casual shoes.
Orthofeet uses biomechanics and orthotics in their shoe designs for accurate support with exceptional cushioning and soft padding for foot protection. This helps in getting rid of discomfort and any aching pain in the feet.
Saucony develops high performance running shoes based on innovation. They also have durable and accommodating walking shoes focussing on size, arch type and pronation. Saucony has an array of orthotic friendly shoes. Their Endorphin Pro shoes employs innovative Speedroll know-how and an S-curve carbon fiber plate, supporting good foot health.
Mt. Emey by Apis Footwear 25 years efforts are to provide solutions to foot conditions such as edema and crossover toes. They provide orthopaedic shoes which use genuine high-quality leather uppers, and have a whole range of shoes from dress shoes to boots.
Best Velcro Shoes for Elderly Men
Velcro shoes are made for foot health conditions related to diabetes and arthritis. These health conditions cause swelling and pain in the feet. Velcro shoes are easy to put on and take off, as they usually come with hook and loop straps, which make constant adjustment easy to get most comfortable in your pair of shoes. Velcro shoes also benefits in better blood circulation in the feet because of this adjustability, which lace up shoes do not offer as a convenience, as one also constantly needs to bend down to tie.
The best Velcro shoes which consider width, soles, traction and durability, and are essential features to have in this shoe are;
- New Balance Men’s MW813V1 has supportive cushioning with soft leather upper. It offers a comfort fit with hook and loop closure, along with a soft comfort collar. It also features offers a rubber sole, with a lightweight polyurethane midsole and a rollbar.
- Skechers Men’s After Burn Memory Fit-Final Cut is a front two adjustable synthetic hook and loop strap athletic walking sneaker, made with smooth leather and synthetic upper. It comes with toe and heal overlays, padded collar and tongue, memory foam cushioned insole, shock absorbing midsole, stabilizing midfoot, and flexible rubber traction outsole, for superior comfort for those long walks.
- Propet Men’s Stability X Strap Sneaker has an adjustable hook and loop strap closure and mesh upper with brushed-nylon lining and a padded collar and tongue. The insole is PU with gel heel pad and cushioned ridges, along with arch supporting EVA midsole, and rubber outsole for durability and traction.
Best Comfortable Shoes for Elderly Men
Comfortable shoes are those which are convenient to slip on and take off, are light weight and breathable, at the same time offering good cushioning, support, and are durable. They can be used for multiple purposes, at home, or for heading out to the supermarket or mall.
Here are a couple of the most comfortable shoes for senior men;
- Skechers Performance Men’s Go Walk 4 features a 5GEN midsole for cushioning and arch support, and Goga Max insole for support, along with a mesh fabric upper for breathability, as well as odor control. It has a sockliner which adapts to the feet while you walk. It also has synthetic toe and heel overlays for additional durability.
- Hush Puppies Men’s Gil Slip-On Shoes is in full smooth grain leather, with a removable EVA footbed. It features a hook and loop closure on the front, and ZeroG lightweight outsole for flexibility and traction.
Best Walking Shoes for Elderly Men
Walking shoes must have good cushioning and arch support, stable, sturdy and durable, and at the same time be flexible, with good traction and shock absorption. The following are the best walking shoes;
- New Balance Men’s MW577 Hook and Loop Walking Shoe comes with Abzorb support and cushioning in the heel for exceptional shock absorption. It also features a Hook and loop closure providing for a custom fit, along with a leather upper, polyurethane midsole for stable cushioning, and a solid rubber outsole.
- Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker V-Strap Walking Shoes comes with hook and loop closures, as well as full-grain leather upper for comfort. It features a rollbar and arch support system, along with BioMoGo DNA cushioning. The outsoles are certified slip resistant.
What to Look for When Buying Shoes for Seniors?
When buying shoes for seniors you should look at including the following features, of which support and comfort are crucial;
- To ensure that your ankle is secure, look at shoes with a high back. A high back shoe will provide good support to your ankle and prevent twists.
- Cushioning and padding are important to ensure you get good shock absorption, and also protection around the upper part of the toes.
- Hook and loop straps or non-lace ups are most convenient to put on, are easily adjustable to give you the right fit, as well as keep your feet secure.
- Ensure that the soles of your shoes are slip resistant.
- Wide mouth shoes are always better in case there is swelling and it makes it easier to get your feet in and out.
- Select shoes with the right material, keeping the purpose in mind, as highlighted in our article above.
- Shoes with removable or changeable insoles are great if you want to replace them with custom orthotic insoles.
- Purchase shoes with low heels.
- Its crucial that your shoes provide you with the best grip and traction possible, to avoid slipping and losing your balance.