5 Day Full Body Workout For Weight Loss
The 5-day full body workout for weight loss is a great way to get started with your new fitness routine.
The key to losing weight is burning more calories than you take in. You can do this by eating fewer calories and exercising more. The best way to lose weight is by combining both of these methods together.
For those looking to lose weight, it is recommended that you aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity activity four times per week and eat a healthy diet made up of lean protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats. This can be done through any combination of activities such as running, swimming, cycling or dancing.
The 5-day full body workout for weight loss is perfect for beginners because it includes several different types of exercises that target different muscle groups throughout the body – including your legs, arms, chest and back – which helps ensure that every part of your body gets worked out enough during each session so that overall fitness levels improve quickly over time (if done regularly). This routine also helps burn fat faster because it increases heart rate while simultaneously increasing muscle strength (which contributes towards burning more calories over time).
Right here on Buy and Slay, you are privy to a litany of relevant information on 5 day workout routine for beginners, 5 day workout plan to lose belly fat, 5 day workout routine for weight loss and muscle gain at home, and so much more. Take out time to visit our catalog for more information on similar topics.
5 Day Full Body Workout For Weight Loss
More and more people are turning to regular workouts in an effort to sculpt a toned body and improve their health markers. But the number of different training practices can sometimes lead into confusion and disorientation. Which workout plan is right for you, how many times a week should you train, and how are you supposed to distribute the load? Don’t get discouraged: even if you can’t afford a personal trainer, now you still have a good chance to figure things out. This article focuses on the pros and cons of a five-day split workout and suggests the best 5 day workout plan to lose extra pounds and pack on muscle.
What Is A Split Workout?
The first question to think about before creating a workout plan is whether you want to perform full-body workouts or split workouts. Full-body workouts are workout plans that engage most of the muscles during a workout, thus ensuring an even distribution of strain across the whole body. HIIT workouts and conventional weightlifting belong to this category. In contrast, split workouts are divided according to the areas of your body. This means that during one training session you will focus, for example, on your shoulders, without straining other parts of the body. On another day, you could work on your chest, the next one – your legs and so on.
Both approaches have their advantages and disadvantages. Let’s unpack some of them for you to choose the best 5 day workout routine to build muscle for you.
Full-Body Workouts: Pros And Cons
Full-body workouts have their own advantages and disadvantages over split workouts.
First, full-body workouts do not allow you to train every day or even just a few days in a row. Since you are putting a lot of stress on your body, your muscles won’t have time to recover if you wish to exercise often.
On the other hand, that is precisely the reason why full-body workouts are more often recommended for beginners. Most beginners either don’t have time or are simply not ready to devote an hour to training 5 or even 6 days a week. 5 day split workouts can be overstraining and risky for beginners. By contrast, full-body workouts allow beginners to learn the correct exercise techniques and increase overall strength.
Plus, full-body workouts are perfect for you if your focus is primarily weight loss and health improvement rather than bodybuilding and packing on muscle, since they are effective at shedding calories. Finally, full-body workouts are more flexible since by skipping one session you won’t miss a whole day of training one body region.
Split Workouts: Pros And Cons
However, there are reasons why split workouts are popular with many coaches and bodybuilders. First of all, this is the best way to gain muscle. If you have been actively training for quite a while and want to create a specific physique, split training is the best option for you. Plus, if you have the time and enthusiasm, split workouts with their intense strain on each body region can yield amazing results. Finally, split workouts are also great for injury recovery, as you can avoid straining certain muscles. So, if you’re looking for the best 5 day workout to get ripped, split workouts are exactly what you need.
Best 5 Day Workout
Here’s the best 5 day workout routine for you to get ripped and pack on muscle.
Best 5 Day Workout Schedule:
- Day 1: Chest + (Light) Triceps
- Day 2: Back + (Light) Biceps
- Day 3: Core + Forearms + Calves + Cardio
- Day 4: Shoulders + (Heavy) Triceps
- Day 5: Legs + (Heavy) Biceps
- Day 6: Rest (Light core workout as an option)
- Flat Bench Press: 4 Sets (8–10 reps)
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 Sets (8–10 reps)
- Triceps Pushdown – V-Bar Attachment: 3 Sets (9–12 reps)
- Decline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets(8–12 reps)
- Skull Crushers: 3 Sets (9–12 reps)
- Decline Bench Press: 3 Sets (8–10 reps each)
- Seated Cable Rows: 2 sets (8–10 reps)
- Front Lat Pulldown: 2 sets (8–10 reps)
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 2 sets (8–10 reps)
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets ( 8–12 reps)
- Deadlift: 2 sets (8–10 reps)
- Barbell Curl (EZ-bar): 3 sets (8–10 reps)
- Straight-Arm Pulldown: 2 sets (8–10 reps)
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets (8–12 reps)
- Crunches: 3 sets of 10–12 reps
- Hanging Leg Raise: 3 sets of 10–12 reps
- Seated Russian Twist: 12–15 reps on each side
- Bicycle Crunches: 15–20 sets of maximum reps
- Planks: 3 sets maximum hold
- Palms-Up Barbell Wrist Curl: maximum reps for 3 sets. Begin with the bar, and add 2.5 or 5 lbs after each set.
- Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets 8–15 reps
- Palm Down Barbell Wrist Curls Over Bench: maximum reps for 3 sets. Begin with the bar, and add 2.5 or 5 lbs after each set.
- Smith Machine Calf Raise: 3 sets 8–15 reps
- 25 mins of cardio before or after your workout
- Seated Dumbbell Press: 4 sets (8–10 reps)
- Military Press: 4 sets (8–10 reps)
- Dips: 4 sets (8–10 reps)
- Side Lateral Raise: 4 sets (8–12 reps)
- Standing Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 4 sets (8–12 reps)
- Front Lateral Raise: 4 sets (8–12 reps)
- Triceps Pushdown — Rope Attachment: 4 sets (8–12 reps)
- Reverse Flyes: 4 sets (8–12 reps)
- Shrugs: 3 sets (8–10 reps)
- Squats: 4 sets (6–8 reps)
- Wide-Grip Standing Barbell Curl: 4 sets (8–12 reps)
- Leg Press: 3 sets (8–10 reps)
- Spider Curl: 4 sets (8–10 reps)
- Smith Machine Calf Raise: 4 sets (8–12 reps)
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets (8–12 reps)
- Machine Bicep Curl: 3 sets (8–12 reps)
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets (8–12 reps). Skip if you have leg complications.
Best 5 Day Workout Tips
Progressive overload is one of the most important concepts you need to understand to successfully build muscle. Sometimes people do the same program for months and then wonder that they no longer feel progress. The problem here is obvious – over time, your muscles get bigger and it is no longer difficult for you to do the same number of repetitions of the same exercises as before. As a result, your muscles don’t grow anymore. In any training program, you need to gradually increase the load – by increasing the weight and number of repetitions, shortening the rest time, or increasing the frequency of training. If you feel like you can do 8-12 reps without any difficulty, it’s better to increase resistance instead of increasing the number of reps – this will allow you to build muscle further rather than increasing the endurance.
Rest For A Short Time
It is imperative to rest between sets if you want to train most effectively. Without rest, your body will be exhausted too quickly, but taking too long breaks is also not efficient. It is believed that the optimal rest period between sets is 1-2 minutes for muscle growth and increased endurance, and 3-5 minutes for strength increase. You will cool down if you rest for more than 5 minutes. Remember that you also need to get enough rest between workouts – muscle growth occurs during rest, not workout.
Eat Enough Protein
Proteins are crucial for muscle growth, and you won’t get those big biceps and shredded pecs without increasing your protein intake. Nuts, legumes, lean meat, dairy, eggs and seafood are among the best natural sources of protein, but you can also consider various protein powders and shakes.
To sum up, the best 5 day workout is among the most effective ways for you to gain muscle with control and precision. Nevertheless, this approach demands a huge time investment and may not be suitable for most beginners. A balanced diet with an increased protein and water intake is an absolute must for your split workout success.
5 Day Workout Routine For Beginners
Looking for a 5-day workout routine for beginners like you? Try these training plans that can help improve your fitness, conditioning, and muscle strength.
If you’re new to the gym and don’t know where to begin, here is some help to get you started. We’ve compiled a list of beginner-friendly gym workouts that may be completed in five days or less.
Check out the beginner workout routines below for some motivation, whether you’re looking to improve your general strength, target specific muscle parts, or improve your aerobic fitness.
Beginner Gym Workout Plan
As a beginner, you should keep your workouts simple. You also have to be consistent with your workout routine. Here are a few pointers to make your new training regimen more effective:
- Be mindful of your physical and health conditions. Always consult a doctor first for professional advice before starting any exercise routine.
Plan your workout
- If you want to lose weight, do cardio after you lift weights, not before; or do it at different times throughout the day.
- You can also ask for advice from your trainer or gym coach.
Keep yourself hydrated
- During your workout, drink plenty of water.
Eat a well-balanced diet
- Have a small, balanced lunch with equal portions of lean protein such as lean chicken, beef, or fish, and complex carbohydrates such as oats and rice, at least 30 minutes before each workout.
- A large meal is not necessary; just enough protein and carbohydrates to refuel and stimulate bodily repair.
Keep track of your progress
- Keep track of your progress.
- You may also take progress pictures, keep track of weight loss or increase, and measure all of your body parts once you’re on your path to being super fit.
5-Day Workout Routine
This 5-day strength training plan allows you to focus on certain exercises each day, effectively targeting all of your weaknesses.
On your first day, you can work on your chest and triceps (light). On your second day, do your back and (light) biceps. Day 3 consists of the following exercises: core, forearms, calves, and cardio. On your fourth day, work on your shoulders and triceps (heavy). Day 5 focuses on your legs and (heavy) biceps. Take a rest on your 6th day, or you can do a light core workout.
Workout Routines for Beginners
Chest and Triceps
- Bench – 5 sets (5 reps)
- Low Cable Cross – 3 sets (15 reps)
- Dumbbell Bench (Incline) – 3 sets (12 reps)
- Pec Dec – 3 sets (20 sets)
- Close Grip Bench – 2 sets (as many as possible)
- Skull Crushers – 2 sets (as many as possible )
Back and Triceps
- Seated Cable Rows – 2 sets (10 reps)
- Front Lat Pulldown – 2 sets (10 reps)
- Bent Over Barbell Rows – 2 sets (10 reps)
- Hammer Curls – 3 sets (12 reps)
- Deadlift – 2 sets (10 reps)
- Barbell Curl – 3 sets (10 reps)
- Straight-Arm Pulldown – 2 sets (10 reps)
- Concentration Curls – 3 sets (12 reps)
Core, Calves, and Cardio
- Crunches – 3 sets (12 reps)
- Hanging Leg Raise – 3 sets (12 reps)
- Seated Russian Twist – 2 sets (15 reps)
- Bicycle Crunches – 15 to 20 sets ( as many as possible)
- Planks – 3 sets (as long as possible)
- Palms-Up barbell Wrist Curl – 3 sets (add 2.5 weight after each set)
- Seated Calf Raise – 3 sets (18 reps)
- Palm-Down Barbell Wrist Curls Over Bench – 3 sets (add 2.5 weight after each set)
- Smith Machine Calf raises – 3 sets (15 reps)
- Cardio Workout – 25 minutes before and after
Shoulders, and Triceps
- Seated Barbell Overhead Press – 4 sets (12 reps)
- Military Press – 4 sets (10 reps)
- Shrugs – 3 sets (10 reps)
- Dips – 4 sets (10 reps)
- Side Lateral Raise – 4 sets (12 reps)
- Standing Dumbbell Triceps Extension – 4 sets (12 reps)
- Front Lateral Raise – 4 sets (12 reps)
- Triceps Pushdown – 4 sets (12 reps) Rope Attachment
- Reverse Fly – 4 sets (12 reps)
Legs and Biceps
- Squats – 4 sets (8 reps)
- Leg Press – 3 sets (10 reps)
- Spider Curl – 4 sets (10 reps)
- Wide Grip Standing barbell Curl – 4 sets (12 reps)
- Smith Machine Calf Raise – 4 sets (12 reps)
- Lying Leg Curl– 3 sets (12 reps)
If you have a prior leg injury, you can skip this set.
If you stick to the routine for the full 12 weeks, you’ll see amazing results. Always maintain proper form and refrain from developing poor habits that can slow down your progress.
Beginner Cardio Workout Plan
Exercises that develop cardiovascular endurance, often known as cardio workouts, should be included in your starting workout regimen. A beginner’s cardio workout might be as simple as taking a brisk walk or jumping rope for a few minutes.
Use the FITT (frequency, intensity, time, and type) technique to plan your cardio program. To stay motivated and achieve the optimum cardiovascular endurance outcomes, switch up your routine every week or two.
Here’s all you need to know about creating a well-rounded beginner cardio workout plan.
Shorter Cardio Workouts With High Intensity
High-intensity cardio workouts help you develop a type of cardiovascular endurance that will help you enhance your overall fitness and your capacity to sprint up a flight of stairs.
Burpees, jumping rope, stair climbing, and jumping jacks are all high-intensity exercises that may be customized to fit your fitness level.
Because high-intensity exercises greatly increase your heart rate, you should only do them for a few minutes at a time. Several times a week, try introducing five to 10 minutes of high-intensity activity into your routines.
Perform this type of workout at a high intensity two to four times a week. For 5–15 minutes, do burpees, box jumps, sprinting, jumping rope, and jumping jacks.
Longer Cardio Workouts At a Low Intensity
Low-intensity cardio workouts are ideal for beginners who are hesitant to work up a sweat every time they go to the gym. Walking and stationary cycling are low-impact exercises that are accessible to first-time gym members.
Longer, low-intensity cardio sessions are a terrific way to get into a steady fitness regimen and are frequently a suitable stepping-stone to higher-intensity workouts later in your health journey. A beginner’s fitness workout might include at least one (but no more than three) low-intensity, lengthy cardio workout per week.
Aim to accomplish this type of low-intensity workout one to three times each week. For 40–90 minutes, try walking, stationary cycling, elliptical training, or steady rowing.
Beginner CrossFit Workout Plan
What exactly is CrossFit? CrossFit is a way of life that emphasizes safe, effective exercise and proper nutrition. CrossFit can be used to achieve any goal, including greater health, weight loss, and better performance.
CrossFit workouts and activities have a more specific muscle-stimulant focus, involving more heavy lifting and anaerobic training. Everyone can benefit from the program, including beginners and those who have been training for years.
Here are two CrossFit Workouts to get you started, although there are many more workout routines to pick from.
- DT is one of the most basic CrossFit routines. Using a variety of explosive motions that are excellent for increasing muscle and power.
- To complete this DT workout plan you have to do 12 reps of deadlifts, 9 reps of hang power cleans, and 6 reps of Push Jerks for 5 rounds.
- Fran’s training program focuses on speed through a variety of complex motions that target all the main muscle groups in a full-body workout. To complete this workout, you have to complete this set of workout routines as fast as you can.
- The routine consists of 21 reps of thrusters, 21 reps of pull-ups, 15 reps of thrusters, 15 reps of pull-ups, 9 reps of thrusters, and 9 reps of pull-ups.
As a beginner, it’s vital to concentrate on developing your form and technique while lifting. Starting with isolation techniques that work only one muscle region at a time won’t provide the best results if you’ve never been to a gym or haven’t visited in a long time.
It’s also essential for recovery. So, depending on your goals, two days of strength training and two days of aerobic conditioning, with a day off in between each strength day, would be ideal.
We want to put the body to the test and allow it to adjust to the workout stress. I hope this five-day workout routine for beginners will help you start your journey right.